Casa del Rio Farm – 157.706 Acres, Wichita County
This is a highly improved large acreage river property within the city limits of Wichita Falls. It’s improved with a completely remodeled house, two horse barns and a workshop/garage. The property has approximately one mile of Wichita River Frontage, as well as heavy woods, farmland, mature hardwoods and an extensive trail system along the river. You will not find another property like this one that has a country atmosphere with convenience to city living amenities.
The improvements are situated at the northwest corner of the property with access on the south side of Iowa Park Rd.
– Complete Remodel and Additions were made in 2006 and in 2014, in like new condition
– 3,780 square feet of living area
– 3 Bedrooms, Isolated Master Bedroom
– 3 Bathrooms, Master Bath has huge walk-in closet, two vanities and a double headed walk-in shower
– 2 Living areas, Formal Dining, Office, Breakfast Bar, Oversized Walk-In Closets with Built-In Shelving, Utility Room with Sink, Tons of Built-Ins and Storage, Circulating Hot Water, Sound System throughout the Interior and Exterior, 2 Heat and Air Units, Total Electric, Wood Burning Stove and, Fireplace
– 1,390 square feet of covered porches, 2,267 square feet courtyard, Water Well
– Garage/Workshop is attached to the house by a breezeway off the utility room
– City Water and Sewer
The original home was built in the 1930’s and contained 1,013 square feet. This portion was completely remodeled in 2006 with 503 square feet added. An addition was made in 2014, which added another 2,264 square feet of living area. At this time the entire exterior of the house was redone. The house is in immaculate condition and is basically brand new!
– 25’ x 42’, 1,050 square feet; Built in 2006
– Metal Exterior, Steel Framing, Concrete Slab, Fully Insulated
– 2 Roll Up, Garage Type Doors, for Pull Through ability
– Attached to the House by a Breezeway off the Utility Room
Horse Barn #1
– 41’ x 42’, 1,722 square feet; Built in the mid 1990’s
– Metal Exterior, Steel Framing, Partial Concrete Slab, Floor Drain, Large Sliding Door
– 8’ x 16’ Concrete Block Tack Room, also a Safe Room
– 4 – 10’ x 15’ Horse Stalls, Dirt Floor, Turn Out Pens
– Has Electricity and Water
Horse Barn #2
– 30’ x 50’, 1,500 square feet; Built in the mid 1990’s
– Metal Exterior, Steel Framing, Partial Concrete Slab, 2 Large Sliding Doors
– 6 – 10’ x 12’ Horse Stalls, Dirt Floor, Alley Way, Turn Out Pens
– Has Electricity and Water
– Electric Entry Gate
– Water Well, 32’ Deep, 6-8 GPM used for landscape and livestock
– Gravel Entry Drive that extends to the middle of the property
– Concrete Driveway and Circular Drive
– Established Grass Yard Surrounding the House
– 5 Acres Completely Fenced for Livestock
The majority of the land is open with scattered mature Pecan Trees, with the balance being heavily wooded bottomland. Nearly the entire boundary is heavily wooded which is great for wildlife and adds privacy to the property. There is approximately 100 acres of fertile farmland that is currently leased to a local farmer. This area could continue as farmland, or could easily convert over to grass. There are over 100 Pecan trees, which have been harvested in the past. The highest elevated points are where the improvements are located and along the western boundary. The remainder is level to sloping towards the river. There is ample wildlife on the property. Nearly every day white tail deer are spotted. In addition to deer other wildlife known to travel the property are Turkey, Dove, Quail, Geese, bobcat, coyote, and road runner. The majority of the boundary is fenced, with exception to the boundary along the river and a portion of the western boundary.
There is a 2 mile wooded trail system along the river which is great for hiking, horseback riding, ATV riding, etc. The Sellers have an agreement with Wichita Falls Streams and Valleys for use of the trails twice a year; in exchange, they maintain the trail system. This agreement can be transferred to a buyer, or terminated.
The area surrounding the improvements is outside of the flood plain. The remainder of the land is within the flood plain. The Sellers have owned and lived on the property since 2006. However, the property has been in the family since 1970. Over this time, they have not had water near the improvements, and FEMA has designated the area of improvements as out of the flood plain.
– Property has access off Iowa Park Rd., Southeast Dr., with frontage on Ross Ave.
– Some of the Personal Property is negotiable.
– There are 2 active oil wells and 2 sets of tank batteries on the property.
– The Seller is willing to convey a portion of the minerals with an acceptable contract.
– The Property is currently Ag Exempt. The 2017 Property Taxes were $7,635.13
Contact Stephen Turner, Listing Agent – 940-636-7039
Do not trespass, the listing agent, or owner must be present at all showings. 12 hour notice required. Buyer to confirm all information contained herein. Buyer’s agent must make first contact and be present at all showings to be allowed full fee participation.